ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL
Everyone is strongly encouraged to join a class, because we believe there is great value in studying the Bible together. No need to wait for a special time to start attending Sunday school.
9:00 a.m. Room 108
Defending the Faith
Led by Russ Hummer
“…in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you” (1Peter 3:15)
Here is a list of some of the most common objections to Christian beliefs that are often raised by skeptics and unbelievers:
- Since evil and suffering exist, a loving God cannot
- Since miracles contradict science, they cannot be true
- Evolution explains life, so God isn’t needed
- God isn’t worthy of worship if he kills innocent children
- It’s offensive to claim Jesus is the only way to God
- A loving God would never torture people in hell
- Church history is littered with oppression and violence
- I still have doubts, so I can’t be a Christian
(from: The Case for Faith by Lee Strobel)
Perhaps you have struggled with some of these challenging questions, or others like them. Our intention will be to really wrestle with these difficult issues, and not just give the simple, canned answers. We will look first and foremost at what the Bible has to say about each of the objections. Then, to focus our discussion, we will be using The Case for Faith along with other material.
Please come and be a part of this class. Everyone is welcome.
10:30 a.m. Room 108
Led by Andy Cobucci
Join us on Sunday mornings as we study through the Book of Hebrews.